ADVERTISEMENT SEEKING PROPOSALS
The West Shore Regional Police Department (“WSRPD”) is seeking proposal to provide actuarial services for two (2) pension plans of the WSRPD. Actuaries are sought to provide annual actuarial services, prepare required legal filings and disclosures, provide consulting for decisions regarding plan administration as needed, and related services. The deadline for submitting a proposal is November 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM. For a detailed RFP, interested actuaries should contact:
Michael L. Hope, Chief of Police
West Shore Regional Police Department
510 Herman Avenue, Lemoyne, PA 17043-1856
Telephone: (717) 737-8734
Facsimile: (717) 975-2794
The West Shore Regional Police would like to offer the following tips to ensure you have a happy and safe 2014 Holiday Season!
* Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. (Knowing who and what is around you will help you avoid being caught unaware. It also allows you time to react if something does appear suspicious.)
* Display confidence (Criminals choose the victim who looks like the easiest target. That choice is partially based on their perception about your abilities to react to an attack.)
* Trust your instincts ( If you have an intuitive feeling something is wrong or suspicious, react immediately and take action to reduce your risk of becoming a victim.)
* Carry only what you need (Extra cash, credit cards, checks, jewelry and other items should be left at home — not in your vehicle. Keep your purse in front and close to your body. Men should keep their wallets in their front pocket.)
* Don’t be overburdened with packages (Carrying several shopping bags makes you look vulnerable. If a store cannot hold your merchandise until you finish shopping, place all purchases in the trunk of your car.)
* Shop with others ( The chance of being victimized drop dramatically when you are with a companion.)
* Plan ahead ( Have your keys in hand when walking to your vehicle and use the alarm or alert button to signal if something is wrong.)
Remember, if you feel uncomfortable walking to your vehicle, most malls will provide a security escort.
The West Shore Regional Police Department is always available for assistance if needed!
On, Friday November 21, 2014, at approximately 10:40 pm West Shore Regional Police Officers were dispatched to the first block of Crain Circle in the Borough of Lemoyne for the report of a domestic. Officers arrived and made contact with the victim, whom advised that she was fearful for her juvenile daughter’s well being when she was engaged in an argument with her husband. It was discovered that Robert Elwood HALL, had pushed the victim into a wall and then proceeded to strike her in the side of the head.
HALL was arrested and transported to the Cumberland County Prison for processing and arraignment. Charges of Domestic Violence – Simple Assault and Domestic Violence – Harassment will be filed in MDJ Beckley’s office.
WSR2014-11-00611 – November 21, 2014
On Friday, November 21, 2014 around 9:35 PM officers were dispatched to the rear parking lot of the Burger King Restaurant located at 407 S. Third Street in the Borough of Lemoyne for a report of two people doing drugs inside a black Honda.
Officers arrived to find a white male leaning into the trunk of the vehicle. He began to get into the driver’s door as an officer approached him. He was identified as Brad Steven VALENTINE of York Haven.
In the passenger seat was his wife, Samantha Jo MEYERS, also of York Haven. Officers found several syringes, empty white and blue small envelopes used for transporting heroin and six small blue envelopes with suspected heroin inside them. Also found was a white plastic spoon with a brown residue on it and a white shoe string with a brown residue on it.
MEYERS and VALENTINE were placed under arrest and taken to the Cumberland County Prison for processing. Charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia will be filed with MDJ Beckley’s office.
201411605 – November 21, 2014
On Friday, November 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM these two males entered the Dollar General Store located at 840 Market Street in the Borough of Lemoyne.
The two males removed a game station and left the store without paying for the merchandise.
Anyone with any information regarding their identities is asked to contact the West Shore Regional Police Department at (717) 238-9676.
November 21, 2014 - WSR20141100480
The West Shore Regional Police Department currently has an active arrest warrant for Michael Leslie LEMONS, JR. LEMONS, JR. is wanted for burglary and other associated criminal charges. LEMONS, JR. was last known to reside in Elizabethtown, PA however is known to frequent the Harrisburg Area. Anyone with information about his where abouts, is asked to contact West Shore Regional Police at (717) 238-9676.
WSR2014-11-00467 November 16, 2014
On Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 10:43 pm West Shore Regional PD was dispatched to the area of Yverdon Drive and Rupley Road in the Borough of Wormleysburg for an active domestic.
Officers arrived on scene and found the victim had been assaulted by Joshua Robert DUNN of the 1st block of Sharon Road in Enola, who had fled the scene before officers arrival.
A warrant was obtained for DUNN’s arrest on the charge of Simple Assault. DUNN ultimately came into the West Shore Regional Police Department and turned himself in on charges. Dunn was arraigned at MDJ Dougherty’s Office and taken to Cumberland County Prison for processing. He faces a preliminary hearing on a later date at MDJ Beckley’s office.