November 18, 2013 – WSR20130800871
The West Shore Regional Police would like to offer the following tips to ensure you have a happy and safe 2013 Holiday Season!
* Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. (Knowing who and what is around you will help you avoid being caught unaware. It also allows you time to react if something does appear suspicious.)
* Display confidence (Criminals choose the victim who looks like the easiest target. That choice is partially based on their perception about your abilities to react to an attack.)
* Trust your instincts ( If you have an intuitive feeling something is wrong or suspicious, react immediately and take action to reduce your risk of becoming a victim.)
* Carry only what you need (Extra cash, credit cards, checks, jewelry and other items should be left at home — not in your vehicle. Keep your purse in front and close to your body. Men should keep their wallets in their front pocket.)
* Don’t be overburdened with packages (Carrying several shopping bags makes you look vulnerable. If a store cannot hold your merchandise until you finish shopping, place all purchases in the trunk of your car.)
* Shop with others ( The chance of being victimized drop dramatically when you are with a companion.)
* Plan ahead ( Have your keys in hand when walking to your vehicle and use the alarm or alert button to signal if something is wrong.)
Remember, if you feel uncomfortable walking to your vehicle, most malls will provide a security escort.
The West Shore Regional Police Department is always available for assistance if needed!
WSR20131100536 – NOVEMBER 17, 2013
On Sunday, November 17, 2013, around 1:30am, a West Shore Regional Police officer responded to a disturbance call in the 1200 block of Yverdon Drive. When the officer arrived, he learned that the female resident was having a problem with an ex-boyfriend, who had since left the scene. The female identified the male as 27-year-old Stephen Andrew SZCZYGIEL, from the 2000 block of Raleigh Road, Hummelstown. The female advised that SZCZYGIEL arrived at her residence and gained entry to her residence through a patio door, without her permission. After several minutes, she was able to convince SZCZYGIEL to leave and she called Police.
An East Pennsboro Township officer stopped SZCZYGIEL and short distance from the scene. He admitted to officers that he entered the female’s residence. SZCZYGIEL also exhibited signs of being intoxicated while speaking with the officers. SZCZYGIEL was placed under arrest and transported to the Cumberland County Prison. He was issued citations for Public Drunkenness and Simple Trespass. Those citations were filed with MDJ Beckley’s office.
November 17, 2013 – WSR20131100546
On Sunday, November 17, 2013 around 11:00 pm a West Shore Regional Police Officer observed a vehicle fail to negotiate a curve, which resulted in the vehicle crossing over the double yellow lines. The vehicle was stopped and 19-year-old Tyler Brent ALFORD of the 900 block of 4th Street in New Cumberland was found to be driving. ALFORD exhibited signs of intoxication and was arrested.
ALFORD’s passenger, 20-year-old Alexander Nicholas LEEN of the 5000 Block of Woodbox Lane, Mechanicsburg (Lower Allen Township) also showed signs of intoxication and was uncooperative with the Police Officers. LEEN was arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Public Drunkenness and Underage Consumption of Alcohol. LEEN was transported to the Cumberland County Prison.
ALFORD was transported to the Carlisle Regional Medical Center where he submitted to a legal blood test. ALFORD was then transported to the Cumberland County Prison for processing.
All charges will be filed with Magisterial District Judge Beckley’s office.
November 20, 2013 – WSR20131100026
On Friday, November 1, 2013 the West Shore Regional Police Department took a report of theft. The Officers learned that the victim had a bottle of prescribed Oxycodone stolen from him.
Through an investigation the Officers learned that 23-year-old Lindsay Ann LAMBERT of the 1st block of S. 8th Street in Lemoyne was responsible.
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 LAMBERT was arrested and transported to the Cumberland County Prison for processing. The criminal charges were filed at Magisterial District Judge Beckley’s Office.
November 21, 2013 – WSR20131100705